Whether you are interested in drinking smoothies for weight loss or healthy habits, you will reap these and many more benefits from our recipes here at Simple Green Smoothies.
After completing your first green smoothie challenge, you will get confidence with your blender and want to try something new. This recipe comes from my own life experience – and grapes become a big hit.
Green Smoothie vs Green Juice
When it comes to drinking your greens, Juicing your greens will help you with a small amount of concentrated liquid. Nutrients can be easily absorbed in your bloodstream and benefit your body. Juicing does not contain fiber, which helps your digestive system function properly, lowers blood sugar spikes and keeps you full longer.
Mixing your vegetables creates a more liquid volume than juicing it thickens because the fiber stored in green slows down the speed of sugar and nutrients into your body and keeps you staying full for long.
Of course, I lean towards the Smoothie team, but I think juicing is useful, for example, when your body can’t perform well on its own (think chemotherapy, severe health, flu recovery, etc.). I mentioned this more in my podcast interview with Katie Wells from Mama Health.
Why add grapes to smoothies?
Grapes don’t mix in smoothies… and it’s embarrassing! – To raise awareness of the ‘raw esomeness’ of grapes. Grapes are 80% water, which makes them easily blend and add moisture to your smoothies.
It is believed that it can help with the prevention and/or treatment of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and neurodegenerative diseases.
How to make an affordable smoothie
This green grape smoothie recipe is a hit in our home. We love how with the only ingredients I can find at my local grocery store at an affordable price. That is the key to keeping this habit healthy for life. Use ingredients that you can find and always dispense. Translation: It’s okay to skip all the fancy potions and powder that people recommend you add to your smoothie. For this amazing recipe, all you need is:
- Baby spinach (I like organic because it’s on EWG’s dirty dozen list)
- Green grapes (run without the best seeds so you don’t have any slices)
- Pineapple (I use frozen frozen pineapple, chill smoothie and save time, chop it up)
- Oranges (boat oranges to taste and juicy!)
Affordability is something to consider when choosing your blender too. Now one of my favorite blenders is available for only $298 (and ships free!) via Vitamix, just add it to your cart to take advantage of this awesome price!
HEALTHIER SMOOTHIE VARIATIONS
Also, like any smoothie, adjust Green Grape Smoothie to work for you! If you have a food allergy, check out our smoothie ingredient exchange guide.
Here are some additional recipes that can easily improve your health:
- Hot Fat Green Smoothie: This smoothie is packed with ingredients to boost your metabolism and has a great video demo as well.
- Smoothie Green Spa Cleanser: Enjoy glowing skin with vitamins A rich smoothie that tastes delicious.
- Start of Lucky Green Smoothie: Try our #1 green smoothie recipe that has been mixed around the world. yes, it’s really good… And good for you.
Green Grape Smoothie
- Author: Jen Hansard
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 minute
- Total time: 6 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- Mix spinach, orange juice until smooth.
- Add the remaining fruit and blend again.